Monday, November 1, 2010

Arizona

I moved to Arizona about 6 years ago from a rural part of Idaho. The transition from living next to a major river and wooded area to living in the urban jungle has been difficult for me. In the years I've been here I haven't had much opportunity to explore outside of Mesa, but when I have ventured outside my little bubble I've witnessed a land that is very alien and very beautiful to me.  These are a few photos from a recent camping trip a few miles north of Superior Arizona. Click on the images to see the larger photo.

 Datura Discolor or "Desert-thorn apple" - Strangely beautiful but lethal if ingested, steer clear!

 Old man watching the sunset

 Not sure about this plant's name, I think I'll call it a Hacksaw Bush

 Just for fun, yours truly

 Triptych

No comments:

Post a Comment